The Murciano-Granadina Goat is a native breed originating in the semi-arid areas in south Eastern Spain (Murcia, Almeria, Granada and Alicante). Murciano-Granadina goats are well adapted to the hot and dry conditions fo the semi-arid areas and have the highest milk yield found in such climate.
We are the exclusive distributor of Acrimur, Spanish Association of Murciano-Granadina Breeders in some countries in the Middle East.
We are the only company which can certify the purity of the breed:
- Goats registered on the Genealogic Book, with Pedigree.
- Study of the milk production of ecah goat (registered on the Genealogic Book). Official milk control.
- Goats come from farms free of:
Brucelosis, Tuberculosis, Scrapie
- Murciano-Granadina goat has a black to brown color skin and hair.
- Does usually have short, thin hair, but buck's are horned.
- Does don't have horn, while bucks are horned.
- Murciano-Granadina goat´s ears are of medium size and erect.
- Murciano-Granadina does have well-shaped udders with well-placed teats.
- Doe: 45-50 kg.
- Buck: 50-60 kg.
Doe: 45-50 kg. / Buck: 50-60 kg.
One of the main benefits of this breed is the high milk yield:
- High efficency. High yield-low feed intake.
- Producing high-fat and high-protein milk.
The Reasons for the superiority of Murcia-Granada breed of goat over other breeds.
- High adaptability to hot and dry conditions.
- High record breeding in intensive industrial systems and unrivaled adaptability to whole grazing methods and open and semi-intensive industrial systems.
- Highly adaptable to long hours of marching and resistance to different types of stress.
- Good resistance to common diseases.
- Non-seasonal reproduction.
- Dual-purpose (meat and milk production).
- High quality milk composition suitable for cheese manufacture.
- High milk yield.
- High milk yield under harsh conditions including shortage of feed resources.